Friday, February 3, 2012

Page 5: Facing the Selfish Monster


Day 2 of my way back to my Father's Kingdom.

I saw a person asking for some fish. I have two pieces of fish in my hand that time, I was really hungry, and knew I can eat the two fish and still want more.

"Should I give it to the person or not?"

"It's mine anyways!"

"But if I meet my Father today, and asks me, why I didn't give the fish, telling Him I'm hungry isn't enough."

Those were the words jumbling inside my head.

And then a story went inside my head, the story when Judas betrayed our Father.



Judas Agrees to Betray Jesus


Now the Festival of Unleavened Bread, called the Passover, was approaching, and the chief priests and the teachers of the law were looking for some way to get rid of Jesus, for they were afraid of the people. Then Satan entered Judas, called Iscariot, one of the Twelve. And Judas went to the chief priests and the officers of the temple guard and discussed with them how he might betray Jesus. They were delighted and agreed to give him money. He consented, and watched for an opportunity to hand Jesus over to them when no crowd was present.


Why would he do that? 
He traded three and a half years of friendship for the price of having a slave's salary?


Maybe Judas did it because he was jealous, or he wanted to be famous.

Whatever the reason, Judas was attacked by the "Selfish Monster".

The Monster will blind you, and you will be selfish!

When Judas realized what he'd done, he was devastated, and didn't know what to do.

What I've learned is,


Do not be selfish, prioritized others before you, and when you do, you'll be free from guilt!

Always remember, the "Selfish Monster" will come back and haunt you again and again.
If you feel like the monster is attacking you, just talk to our father and tell him to give you the power of resisting the "Selfish Monster"!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Salutations,

I am Erik, and I'd like to hear from you!

I'd be happy to answer back!